Established in 1989
Chairperson: Dr. Abdul Latif
The Zoology Department at Emerson University was established in 1989 and is dedicated to the students of Multan region to study of animal biology, its different fields like behavior, Genetics, Physiology, Developmental Biology, Fisheries, General Biochemistry and Evolution. The department offers a range of undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate programs that provide students of the locality with a comprehensive education in Zoology and related fields.
The faculty members are national and international highly qualified and they in the department are actively engaged in research on a variety of topics, including animal behavior, ecology, conservation biology, evolutionary biology, and molecular biology. The department also has state-of-the-art research facilities, including laboratories and animal care facilities, which allow students to conduct hands-on research in these areas.
The Zoology Department at Emerson University aims to provide students with a solid foundation in animal biology and prepare them for careers in a range of fields, including research, education, conservation, and veterinary medicine. The department is committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive learning environment that encourages students to develop their critical thinking and problem-solving skills while also gaining a deeper understanding of the natural world.
IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING ZOOLOGY
Studying Zoology at Emerson University in Multan can be incredibly important for a variety of reasons.
Here are some key reasons why studying Zoology at Emerson University can be beneficial:
Understanding biodiversity: As Zoology is the study of animal life, including their behavior, anatomy, genetics, and evolution. By studying Zoology, you can gain a greater understanding of the incredible diversity of life on our planet, and how different species interact with each other and their environment.
Career opportunities: A degree in Zoology from Emerson University can open up many career opportunities, including working in wildlife conservation, animal behavior research, animal rehabilitation and care, and veterinary medicine.
Developing critical thinking and research skills: Zoology requires a great deal of critical thinking, observation, and research skills. By studying Zoology at Emerson University, you can develop these skills, which are valuable in a wide range of fields and professions.
Contributing to scientific research: Zoology is an important field of scientific research, and by studying it at Emerson University, you can contribute to our understanding of animal behavior, genetics, and ecology. Your research may have practical applications in areas such as conservation, medicine, and agriculture.
Personal growth and enrichment: Studying Zoology can also be personally enriching, as it allows you to gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of the natural world. It can also provide opportunities for travel and fieldwork, allowing you to experience different ecosystems and cultures.
Overall, studying Zoology at Emerson University in Multan can provide a wide range of benefits, including career opportunities, personal growth, and the opportunity to contribute to scientific research.
VISION, MISSION STATEMENT AND GOALS
- Conducting research on different aspects of Zoology, including taxonomy, anatomy, physiology, behavior, and ecology.
- Providing students with a strong foundation in biological sciences and hands-on experience in conducting scientific research.
- Contributing to the conservation and management of wildlife and natural resources.
- Promoting awareness and understanding of animal diversity and their role in ecosystems.
- Collaborating with other departments, universities, and organizations to advance knowledge and solve real-world problems related to Zoology
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
- Developing students’ critical thinking, problem-solving, and scientific skills through classroom lectures, laboratory exercises, and field trips
- Offering a wide range of courses and research opportunities that cater to students’ interests and career goals.
- Fostering a supportive and inclusive learning environment that values diversity and promotes intellectual curiosity.
- Providing students with opportunities to present their research findings at local, national, and international conferences.
- Encouraging students to pursue advanced degrees and careers in Zoology, academia, industry, government, and non-profit organizations.