Emerson University Multan, formerly known as the Government Emerson College Multan is located in the city of Multan in the Punjab province of Pakistan. It was established on 13 April 1920. The institution was named after Sir Herbert William Emerson in 1933, in recognition of his services to education, who was the then Governor of Punjab. The Department of Economics was established in 1950s and has played a vital role in promoting economics in region of South Punjab. Initially, it started offering undergraduate and graduate programs in Economics while in 2004 it started masters in economics and now ambitious to produce world class M.phil and Ph.D scholars in near future. The Department of Economics at Emerson University Multan has a rich history of producing quality graduates who have made a significant contribution to the development of the country. The department has a team of highly qualified faculty members who are actively involved in research activities and have published numerous research papers in national and international journals. Over the years, the department of economics has diversified its research areas to cover a wide range of topics, including agricultural economics, macroeconomics, public finance, development economics, international trade and environmental economics. The Department of Economics aims to collaborate with leading international and national universities to promote research and exchange of ideas. Being in heart of the Multan City Emerson University is contributing a greater part in uplifting the standards of education of South Punjab and Department of Economics has a distinguish position in it.
The mission of the Department of Economics, Emerson University Multan is to advance understanding of economic systems and their impact on society through innovative research, rigorous teaching, and meaningful engagement with our domestic and global communities through blended learning. We make every effort to prepare our students with the critical thinking skills and analytical tools necessary to solve complex economic problems and make informed decisions in their personal and professional lives. We value diversity and inclusion, and seek to foster a supportive environment that encourages intellectual vibrancy and collaboration. Our department is committed to promoting economic well-being, social justice, and sustainable development, and to using our expertise to address real-world challenges facing our communities and the world.
To be a leading Department of Economics that produces world-class research, fosters critical thinking, and prepares students to become ethical leaders and problem-solvers in the global economy.
- To provide high-quality education: Our Department aims to provide students with a rigorous and comprehensive education in economics that equips them with analytical and problem-solving skills needed to succeed in their careers and become informed and responsible citizens.
- To conduct innovative research: Our Department seeks to advance knowledge and understanding of economic systems and their impact on society by conducting innovative and relevant research that contributes to the field of economics and informs policy debates.
- To foster a diverse and inclusive community: We value diversity and strive to create a supportive and inclusive community that promotes intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, and respect for all.
- To engage with our local and global communities: Our Department is committed to using our expertise to address real-world challenges facing our communities and the world. We seek to engage with stakeholders, policymakers, and the wider public to promote economic well-being, social justice, and sustainable development.
- To prepare students for successful careers: Our Department aims to prepare students for successful careers in various fields, including academia, government, non-profit organizations, and the private sector. We strive to provide students with opportunities for practical learning experiences, career development, and professional networking.
- BS Economics
- BS Economics (Specialization in Finance)
- BS (2.5 Years) in Economics
- MS/M.Phil. Economics
Flip Flop Class Room Model
- The department of economics has a fully furnished building where classes are held, including lecture halls, classrooms, student’s common rooms and well equipped offices.
- The department of economics provides its student an access to a vast collection of books, academic journals, research papers, and other resources to support the academic pursuits of students and faculty. It also provides access to digital library of Higher Education Commission.
- The students of the department of economics have an easy access to the central transportation system.
- The department of economics provides opportunities to the sports grounds, central gymnasium for the interested students.
- The students of department of economics can be part of different societies of the university including the department’s own forum to socialize and enhance their skills.
- The Department of Economics offers workshops and seminars featuring guest speakers, faculty, and students on topics such as current research, public policy, and other issues related to economics.
- The Department of economics has a career services center that can help economics majors find internships, research opportunities, and jobs after graduation.